IEC 61850 is the global standard to facilitate interoperability in power utilities. Since 2004, IEC 61850 is used for communication systems and networks in power utility automation and Smart Grids. Optimized for reliable and efficient process data transfer, it facilitates the communication between IEDs (intelligent electronic devices) and electrical substations or distributed energy resources (DERs).
The standard has been designed to operate via Ethernet or high-speed data network. Starting from 2010, IEC 61850 edition 2 has been released. This new edition includes bug fixes, amendments and enhancements of the previous edition.
Preparing engineers, decision makers, and operators to get ready for IEC 61850 and Smart Grid: understanding the IEC 61850 standard is of crucial importance for all the actors involved in power utility automation and communication. Our courses will equip the participants (engineers, managers, consultants, developers) with theoretical and practical knowledge in IEC 61850 data modeling, communication and configuration services. Qualified experts deeply involved in the standardization activities will illustrate how to integrate new and existing utilities, renewable energy systems and manufacturing plants into the Smart Grid.
The 2-day workshop will take place either on October 12 – 13, 2016, in Munich, Ridlerstraße 65, including the following topics:
- Introduction to power utility automation and IEC 61850
- Communication services
- Configuration language (SCL)
- Data model
- How to use the standard: practical examples
- Testing IEC 61850: compliance, conformance and interoperability
- Protection and electrical engineers, substation designers and planners, control engineers, communication experts
- Consultants, project managers, operators of energy utilities, business developers
- Utility managers, technical advisors, decision makers, long-term strategy consultants
- You will have an overview of IEC 61850.
- You will better understand the trends in the power utility automation world.
- You will better understand the requirements to integrate this technology into your applications.
The training is offered in English, German, Italian, and Chinese.
A basic understanding of Information technology and power systems is of advantage.
1490 € plus current VAT (training material, coffee breaks and lunches included in the registration fee). Advanced payment might be required. 12% discount available for groups of minimum 3 persons from the same company. Cancellation policy: cancellation of registration up to 14 days prior to the event is free of charge. In case of cancellation after this deadline and up to the third working day prior the event, 50% of the invoice amount is due for payment. In case of cancellation after this deadline or failure to participate in the event, the full amount of the invoice shall be due. I accept changes in the program and the general terms and conditions of business of TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH.