Demonstrate your commitment to social and ethical compliance standards
The way you make your products says as much about your business as the products themselves. Today, it is no longer enough that businesses only demonstrate minimal compliance to local laws and regulations. Stakeholders now demand that businesses, such as retailers, be socially compliant and not only be able to monitor and manage their supply chain according to local laws and international standards, but also to ensure that their manufacturers and suppliers adhere to the same standards. Businesses that play down such needs, invite the risk of negative publicity from consumer and social groups, which can affect the sales and brand equity of a business.
With a global network of strong multi-discipline expertise, TÜV SÜD is a leading source for an approved auditing and certifying body for multiple retailer and brand standards of CSR programmes. This guarantees uniform social standards compliance in organisations that have factories in disparate locations situated across different countries. TÜV SÜD supports management system integration which enables companies to integrate various certification standards such as SA8000® with other management systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001. Additionally TÜV SÜD conducts audits, through locally based auditors, according to major Code of Conducts such as BSCI, ETI or customer CoCs (Code of Conducts).
What issues make up social compliance?
- Labour issues (Child labour and forced labour)
- Workplace harassment and abuse
- Freedom of association
- Worker's entitlements (Wages, working hours, overtime, etc)
- Occupational Safety
- And many more
What are some of the benefits of social compliance?
- Enhanced factory and brand reputation
- Qualify to customer requirements
- Clear and credible assurance for ethical purchasing decisions
- Improved product quality due to enhanced work environment
Why choose TÜV SÜD?
- TÜV SÜD provides complete quality solutions comprising certification, auditing, and inspection and testing services
- TÜV SÜD has a strict code of conduct in place which all inspectors and auditors are required to adhere to closely
- A large pool of experienced local auditors to conduct social compliance audits
- An international network of offices and labs to support your business at a global and local level
- Expert opinion that is professional, independent and impartial
TÜV SÜD provides a range of solutions for your Corporate Social Responsibility needs:
- BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative)
- WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production)
- ETI (Ethical Trade Initiative)
- Code of conduct audits