Ensure your critical equipment and systems meet requirements
The complex interdependencies of signalling, telecommunications, power supply and other safety critical equipment and systems in the rail sector pose real challenges for operators and manufacturers. It is essential to ensure that safety, performance, quality and interoperability objectives are met as cost-efficiently as possible.
Additionally, European Train Control System (ERTMS/ETCS), a uniform control and train protection system, is set to replace the existing safety systems in Europe, presenting rail businesses with additional requirements that must be fulfilled.
TÜV SÜD Rail has the experience and skills to provide comprehensive support for all aspects of signalling systems. Through TÜV SÜD Nederland B.V., a Notified Body, we are able to facilitate a quick and efficient integration of EC verification and conformity assessment tasks.
Our services at a glance
- Verification and validation of generic products and applications
- ERTMS system integration
- Product testing according to environmental safety, EMC, electrical safety, functional safety and security issues
Independent safety assessment (ISA) and certification
- Assessment of evidence of safety, function and security including conformity assessments in accordance with EU directives
- Plan verification and acceptance tests
- Product and system certification