We ensure your vehicles, systems and projects run smoothly
Whether you are designing and constructing a new metro system or upgrading an existing one, higher performance considerations, increasing technical complexity and evolving passenger expectations are concerns. Beyond this, the ever-increasing requirements of standards and regulations impose a great deal of preparatory work and commercial risk on the approval process.
TÜV SÜD possesses a wealth of technical experience and a proven track record in urban metro systems. Engaging our expertise at the onset ensures safety, reliability and reduced risk, both technical and commercial.
We are widely recognised as a railway safety assessor by many railway authorities and National Safety Authorities; for example, NE railways and BOStrab in Bavaria & Saxony (Germany).
Our services at a glance
Independent safety assessment (ISA)
- Evaluation of tender documents and technical specifications, and requirements management
- Review of risks by assessing safety analysis, basic concepts and requirements definitions
- Review of technical documents for aspects related to design and construction, fire safety, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software, EMC, etc.
- Inspections of manufacturing, assembly and commissioning
- Measurements on mechanical and electrical components
- Acceptance inspections of completed systems