For safe transactions. Identify environmental risks and their costs.
Every business transaction – particularly the acquisition of real estate – is fraught with business risks. Beyond financial, legal, cultural, commercial and technical aspects, it is also important to identify environmental and safety risks and risks to reputation.
Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) identifies the environmental risks arising from or acting on a target, and evaluates the financial implications. It thus delivers reliable information on current compliance with legal requirements and environmental liability regulations, as well as on the costs of remediation. These costs can then be included in the purchase price.
TÜV SÜD’s due diligence services are customised to your project and its objectives. Our services are based on national regulations and international standards such as ASTM E 1527.
Environmental Due Diligence - Our services in detail
Offering modular services, we accompany you throughout all phases of due diligence:
- Reconnaissance, data evaluation (Phase I): In database searches, our experts verify the geological and hydrological conditions and historic land use at the site and research further information on buildings and equipment.
- On-site inspection (Phase I): Our inspections cover production processes, waste and disposal management, sewage and water treatment, heating systems, emissions and immissions, management of chemicals and hazardous substances and the identification of hazardous building materials.
- Detailed on-site investigations (Phase II): Based on the findings from Phase I: soil analysis, analysis of hazardous building materials and indoor air pollutants, construction of groundwater monitoring wells etc.
- Quantification of environmental risks (Phase III): We define and characterise the extent of the environmental risks in soil, groundwater and hazardous building materials identified in Phase II. Starting from this basis, we then develop remediation solutions, including cost estimates.
- Reports (Phases I - III): Through all three phases, you are provided with fulllength reports complete with descriptions and environmental assessment of the site, documentation and evaluation of findings, cost estimates and recommendations.