Design and qualification
An appropriate and suitable design and qualification of flanged joints is essential for ensuring safe and smooth plant operation. But economical aspects, demands to minimize plant emissions, modifications of relevant regulations and the common use of modern gasket materials have noticeably increased requirements regarding flanged joints in the past few years. This applies not only to piping systems and pressure vessels but also to any sealed device.
Tightness of flanged joints
To guarantee safety during plant operation only a limited amount of load acting on a flanged joint is permitted (proof of strength). Beyond this a sufficiently high pressure level acting on the gasket surface is necessary to ensure tightness (proof of tightness). Therefore suitable and commonly accepted calculation methods are required.
TÜV SÜD provides the following services:
- Proof of compliance with national and international regulations
- Proof of design applying computational methods
- Simulation of stress distribution and deformation behaviour of complex flanged joints
- Emission control of process plants
- Determination of failure root causes
- Expert opinions