Certification of proactive advancement of the energy transition by energy suppliers
Implementation of the energy transition required by the German government confronts our society and the energy industry with major challenges. Companies opting for “Pioneer on Energy Transition” certification highlight that they are already fulfilling the energy-transition criteria with significant success.
Companies seeking certification must meet 4 key criteria:
- Above-average status quo in generation and supply of energy from renewable sources
- Increased share of energy from renewable sources
- Reduced resource and energy consumption
- Enhanced flexibility of their energy supply system.
The German government is driving the transition of the national energy system. In its energy-transition concept, it defines the basic strategic direction for phasing out nuclear power in favour of ambitious expansion of renewable energy sources, higher energy efficiency and integration of renewable energy into our energy supply system. The criteria for this include:
- Demand-based generation of electricity from renewable sources
- Resource-efficient generation of electricity and heat
- Reductions in energy consumption
- Smart energy systems and storage systems that align fluctuating and increasingly distributed electricity production with fluctuations in consumption.
"Pioneer on Energy Transition" certification enables companies to document that they have firmly anchored the objectives and requirements of energy transition in their corporate policies and apply them consistently in practice.