Validation, verification and certification
The market for Verified Emissions Reductions is growing dynamically around the world. Different voluntary standards are applied for the certification of emissions reductions achieved by corresponding projects. VER credits may form part of a corporate or public climate change mitigation programme, or they are used to offset emissions related to specific activities or products. Leading standards for VER projects and programmes are:
- Voluntary Carbon Standard VCS
- Gold Standard GS-VER
Reliable third-party assessment is crucial to project success and credit value.
TÜV SÜD services
TÜV SÜD and its Carbon Management Services unit have been assessing climate change projects since 2000. Having assess ed hundreds of projects, TÜV SÜD is one of the market leaders in third-party validation and verification of climate change measures. Regarding the assessment of CDM and JI projects, we have been accredit ed for all fields of technology by UNFCCC.
The expertise and reputation gathered under the Kyoto Protocol and the track record on VER assessments generate reliability for our clients. TÜV SÜD has also been accredit ed in markets in which VERs are frequently bought, in particular in the United States of America.
Our team of experts, with an excellent reputation throughout the world, will assist you in successfully implementing your VER pro jects and programmes by offering ser vices including:
- Validation of climate change and carbon offset projects prior to project kick off
- Validation of climate change and carbon offset programmes, review of calculation and suitability of the underlying systems
- Verification and certification during project lifetime including assessment of emissions reductions achieved
- Established communication procedures with leading standard organisations (VCS, GS-VER)
- Issuance of VER+ credits to the BlueRegistry database