Management system certification / Voluntary assessment
Basis for Certification (certification standard):
International standard ISO 50001 (requirements for energy management systems)
ISO International Organization for Standardization
What does the standard ISO 50001 cover?
The ISO 50001 standard defines the requirements for a certifiable energy management system (EnMS) of an organisation. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Development of a corporate policy for more efficient energy use
- Development and implementation of energy reviews to identify opportunities of improvement in energy performance
- Establishment of strategic and operational targets and objectives for the implementation of energy policy
- Control and monitoring of operational processes and maintenance activities associated with significant energy use (SEU)
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis of the main characteristics of energy performance
Evaluation of the suitability, appropriateness and effectiveness of the energy management system.
- Continuous improvement of the organisation's energy performance.