TÜV SÜD on growth course: Revenue in excess of EUR 2.3 Billion
- Acquisition in Spain: Purchase of ATISAE marks largest acquisition in the group's history
- Major capital investments: EUR 127 million spent on investments in the future and company acquisitions in 2016
- TÜV SÜD Group employs 24,000 people worldwide, a plus of over 1,600 employees in 2016
- New records in 2016: Revenue of EUR 2.343 billion and earnings (adjusted EBIT) of EUR 202 Million
- Growth markets are digitisation and data security: Centers of Excellence opened in Munich and Singapore, appointment of a Chief Digital Officer and launch of flagship digitisation project
TÜV SÜD has been passionate about people, the environment and technological progress since 1866. The company celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2016, setting new records for revenue, earnings and headcount in its anniversary year. The international technical services group increased its revenue last year to EUR 2.343 billion (2015: EUR 2.222 billion), a rise of approximately 6 per cent; earnings before interest and taxes (adjusted EBIT) rose by more than 6 per cent year-on-year to EUR 202 million (2015: EUR 190 million). The number of people working for the testing and inspection group also increased last year and now amounts to 24,000 worldwide, up more than 1,600 employees compared to the previous year.
Press Release for download [ DOC 246 kB ]
- Annual Report 2016
All photos are available at the online image library.
Press-contact: Matthias Andreesen