Considerable interactions can appear between the air flow and buildings.
Local wind conditions for example, in and around roads, where the building aerodynamics influences pedestrian comfort and also effects building ventilation systems and facades.
Aim of Building Aerodynamics
- Assessing pedestrian comfort
- Calculation of the turbulence on and around buildings
- Analysing the effects on the building and its facade (for example on balconies)
- Analysis of urban areas and the effect on other surrounding buildings
- Identifying and reducing unwanted flow between exhaust and fresh air inlets
- Determining increases in wind induced loads on facades, overhangs, bridges, masts,…