Based on our long-standing practical experience in the field of Functional Safety we supply you with the necessary expertise for the new ISO/PAS 21448 dealing with "Safety of the Intended Function" (SOTIF). For driver assistant systems and automated driving, the safety of the intended function (SOTIF) is a very important complement to functional safety. While functional safety addresses the integrity of electrical and/or electronic (E/E) systems within road vehicles, SOTIF deals with the minimization of risk from insufficiencies of functional performance and robustness. The various aspects of safety are key issues in the development. Our training is based on the latest concepts developed in industry, including TÜV SÜD, used to implement the public available specification ISO/PAS 21448.
Amongst others the training covers the following topics:
- Analysis and evaluation of risk imposed by the intended function
- Identification and provisions regarding triggering events during system development
- Ways to evaluate misuse and adequate precautions
- Specification of the intended function and evaluation of functional architectures
- Validation strategies to support the argumentation towards SOTIF
- Discussion of issues regarding derivation of validations targets
- Approaches to argue the achievement of overall risk targets
- Relation and combination of the SOTIF (ISO/PAS 21448) and functional safety (ISO 26262)
Who should attend
Safety managers, system developers, sensor and component developers, test engineers and all who are concerned with developing innovative advanced driving assist systems (ADAS) and highly automated driving (HAD) functions aiming to implement their developments on the basis of the recognized international specification ISO/PAS 21448.
Certificate of attendance TÜV SÜD Academy
This course, the ISO/PAS 21448 Basic Training and the TÜV SÜD training courses on ISO 26262 are adequately complementing each other.
TÜV SÜD Academy senior expert trainers
- This SOTIF training provides insight into the implementation of the of safety of the intended function (SOTIF) according to the public available specification ISO/PAS 21448, and the relation to the ISO 26262 standard.
- The SOTIF training includes examples and short exercises with focus to the field of highly automated driving.
- We can also offer this training course as in-house training on site in your company.
At present, there are no trainings/examinations scheduled in English language.
If you are interested, please contact us.