Course modules 1 to 3 introduce you to the processes necessary for your role in the safety lifecycle (highly recommended for beginners). After the course you are familiarized with the individual topics with the help of practical examples. All course modules 1 - 3 adopt a situation-based approach to the role of safety analyses and supporting processes and the resulting deliverables. Explanations of the necessary work products and appropriate treatment of the safety plan are naturally an integral part of all modules.
Following the 3 modules, you will take the exam Functional Safety Engineer from our Functional Safety Certification Program. The Functional Safety Certification Programme (FSCP) is a personnel certification program that demonstrates an individual’s proficiency in the IEC 61508 functional safety standard. It provides you with verification that you fulfil all preconditions and specialist expertise requirements to deliver the requisite responsibility and skills at the right point of the safety life cycle.
- Module 1: Introduction, definition of functional safety management, system analysis for IEC 61508
- Module 2: Development and evaluation of safety-relevant Hardware for IEC 61508
- Module 3: Development and evaluation of safety-relevant Software for IEC 61508
- Examination in order to be qualified as Functional Safety Engineer
Who should attend
Safety managers, software developers, hardware developers, project leaders, quality representatives, test engineers and all who are involved in functional safety projects and lifecycle primarily focusing on the development of programmable electronic safety systems and aiming to implement their developments on the basis of the recognised international standard IEC 61508.
- Proof of project experience is not required.
- An exam for the FS Engineer can only be booked in combination with the 3-day training IEC 61508.
Certificate from TÜV SÜD Academy
Die Schulungsunterlagen sind auf Englisch.
Specialized lecturer of TÜV SÜD Academy
- You know which processes are necessary for your role in the safety lifecycle.
- You are familiarized with safety analyses and supporting processes and the resulting deliverables.
- With your certificate as Functional Safety Engineer you demonstrate your proficiency in IEC 61508.
At present, there are no trainings/examinations scheduled in English language.
If you are interested, please contact us.