Additive manufacturing (AM) enables engineers and designers to break new ground in product development. This requires a fundamental understanding of the materials that can be used in the various AM processes and that are frequently used. Without the correctly selected material and corresponding process, a component cannot be implemented in AM.
In order for high-quality components to be produced after choosing the right materials, the starting material must already be flawless and of good quality – because not every material is the same.
In various regulated areas, additional (special) requirements also apply to the materials. As in all areas of additive manufacturing, extensive standardization activities are currently taking place for materials in a wide variety of committees.
The training participant should receive a sound basic knowledge in the field of AM materials, the associated processes, material standards, material testing and product qualification.
- Suitable materials for additive manufacturing
- Material overview
- Introduction to current and future material standards
- Advantages of (material) standardization
- Current standards based on a few examples
- Future standards and current standardization activities
- Materials Testing Workshop
- Lab visit
- Why do we have to check?
- Special features in additive manufacturing
- Goods receipt and goods issue control
- What needs to be considered?
- Certificates and documentation
- Commercial code §377
- Define and construct specifications
- Additional requirements for regulated areas
- What are regulated areas?
- What special requirements apply?
- How can a company protect itself?
- Product qualification
- For what kind of products is a qualification useful?
- What needs to be considered to get a product qualification?
Who should attend
Designers, product designers, buyers, newcomers, as well as all interested parties who want to gain an overview and a sound background knowledge of the materials used in additive manufacturing.
Ideally, initial experience in additive manufacturing (AM).
Certificate of participation issued by TÜV SÜD Academy
TÜV SÜD Fachexperten für AM-Werkstoffe
- You will receive basic knowledge on the topic of materials in additive manufacturing.
- You acquire knowledge of the test procedure and approval in regulated areas for additive manufactured components.
- You will get an overview of current and future standardization activities in the field of materials for additive manufacturing.