The TÜV SÜD conference on Flat Bottom Tanks is a worldwide platform for discussions on the industry’s changing regulations. The main focus of this conference is to identify potential areas for improvement of environmental protection and safety in tank storage facilities and to update on new regulations for the operation and design of above ground storage tanks in Europe and worldwide.
Constructors of plants with flat bottom tanks, engineers, suppliers, authorities’ representatives and plant operators can take advantage of the opportunity to discuss the recent results of research and developments. International experts will show how to handle the more and more complex requirements and standards.
International regulatory requirements and technical guidelines for planning, construction and operation of flat botton storage tanks e.g.:
- Revision status EN 14015
- API 650-standards (latest editions) – update on changed requirements
- EEMUA publication 159 (edition 5)
Emission reduction and control – standards, activities and experience reports
- Reducing VOC emissions
- Sealing technology for floating roofs
- Pressure and vacuum vents to reduce emissions
Fire and explosion prevention
- Identifying explosion risk areas in tank farms
- Explosion prevention during von maintenance work e.g. tank cleaning
- Control, revamping and retrofitting measures of lightning protection systems
Maintenance and testing
- Best Available Techniques (BAT) for flat bottom tanks, e.g. for catch areas or basins and for the inspection of tank bottoms
- Possibilities and limits of non-destructive testing of flat bottom tanks: innovative methods such as acoustic emission testing
Equipment, accessories and components
- Isolation valves
- Special seals
- Flame arresters and tank venting Systems
Predictive maintenance, repair, life extension and aging issues
- Analysing the condition for safe operation, calculation of the remaining service life, assessment and verification of the performance
- Corrosion prevention
- Stability analyses of ring stiffener
Operation concepts, typical problems and lessons learned
Call for papers
If you are interested in presenting a paper on the main topics, please submit - at the latest by April 20, 2018 - a short abstract to TÜV SÜD Akademie GmbH, Ute Alius (email@example.com).
The detailed conference program will be available by the end of May 2018.