Show the public what your app is worth!
Testing of mobile applications
We test your app for its successful implementation of functionality, usability and data security requirements. Use our certification marks and demonstrate the worth of your smartphone software to the public. We test applications for iPhone, iPod, iPad, PDA, BlackBerry, Windows, Linux or Symbian phones. Our tests are based on legal regulations and the provisions set forth in the relevant recognized standards.
- Functionality testing: We apply the requirements of the ISO 25051 standard: "Software engineering – Software Product Quality Requirements and Evaluation – Requirements for quality of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products and instructions for testing".
- Usability test: Testing with respect to ergonomics is based on EN ISO 9241, "Ergonomics of human-system interaction – Part 110: 'Dialogue Principles'".
- Testing of data security: Testing is carried out on the basis of the legal requirements (German Data Protection Act, Telemedia Act), the recommendations of the BSI for standard security measures (IT-Grundschutz) and standards common in practice
In as far as applicable and relevant, testing focuses particularly on the requirements of the ISO 25051 standard: "Software engineering – Software Product Quality Requirements and Evaluation – Requirements for quality of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software products and instructions for testing" and the following quality characteristics:
Correctness of functions
Consistency, reliability and robustness
Documentation (completeness, correctness and consistency)
Testing of usability is based on the EN/ ISO 9241 series of standards "Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals" –particularly part 110 "Dialogue Principles" and focuses on the following quality characteristics:
- Suitability for learning
- Conformity with user expectations
- Error tolerance
- Suitability for individualization
- Effectiveness, efficiency, user satisfaction
- Special features of mobile use
Testing of data security is based on a variety of standards including legal requirements (German Data Protection Act, Telemedia Act), IT Baseline Protection Catalogues (IT-Grundschutz) and standards common in practice.
In addition to the above, testing is also based on the documentation of the design and development process, in particular software design and development (specification, test, quality assurance), the product specifications and the user documentation. The process- and document-related requirements are derived from the basic quality management requirements. Technical requirements and the generally accepted practice in the respective field must also be taken into account.
The TÜV SÜD software certification mark as a marketing tool
Use the TÜV SÜD software certification mark in your advertising, too. This certification mark confirms to your business partners that your app functions reliably, is ergonomic and ensures secure data processing.