From fossil to renewable: Certification of products that directly benefit the renewable resource transition
Renewables such as bioethanol, vegetable oil or biomethane can be used not only as energy carriers, but also in product manufacturing. If your company operates in the production of basic chemicals or the chemical processing industry (e.g. plastics) renewables permit the replacement of conventional raw materials such as natural gas and mineral oil (renewable resource transition).
Once we know the total amount of fossil raw materials used to make a defined product, we can calculate the equivalent amount of renewable raw materials that would be required to cover this production. If a buyer opts for a certified product, an additional amount of renewable raw materials equivalent to the amount needed for the manufacturing of this product will flow into the processing value chain. Buyers will be informed how their purchasing behaviour impacts the transition from fossil to renewable resources in the value chain.
The scheme allows flexibility on the types of renewable resources that replace the equivalent amount of conventional resources e.g. natural gas and mineral oil, thus enabling maximum resource efficiency.
- TÜV SÜD certification standard CMS 71 "Certification of the use of renewable resources" provides you with a detailed guide for system implementation.
- We provide clear and specific information about the risks and opportunities for improvement that implementation of the standard will involve for your company. The audit is carried out by a team of auditors that offers technological expertise and in-depth understanding of the certification standards.
- We issue a separate certificate for every certified product that tells your customer how your actions impact on the sustainable resource transition. We also affix the TÜV SÜD certification mark to your product, which demonstrates that your product is in compliance with the certification standard.
- Registration of your product certificates in TÜV SÜD's third-party database ensures improved transparency for your customers.
- We have auditors throughout the world who help you unlock the global potential of your products.