Identifying and assessing environmental risks to minimise consequential costs and achieve legal compliance.
Environmental Due Diligence (EDD) has evolved into an integral part of M&A transactions. Its purpose is the identification and assessment of the potential environmental risks as well as the opportunities and liabilities of the acquisition target. Subjects of an EDD can be real estates, companies, individual plants and portfolios.
On completion, our clients obtain a reliable cost estimate of any remediation measures that may become necessary, which may be used in purchase price negotiations.
Possible aspects of environmental relevance:
- Approval situation
- Production processes and services
- Soil, soil gas, groundwater and waste-water contamination
- Hazardous building materials
- Waste-water and water management
- Management of chemicals and hazardous substances
- Waste and disposal management
- Emissions and immissions
- Special topics can be: protected areas, natural hazards, effects of war and country-specific aspects
TÜV SÜD has many years of international experience in Environmental Due Diligence. We will be happy to assist you with our up-to-date know-how in all issues and concerns.