The TÜV SÜD approach covering RBI and RCM aspects
Worldwide competition is forcing the industries to take a hard look at how to minimise capital, operation, and maintenance costs of technical facilities, while maintaining safety, reliability, and productivity.
TÜV-RoiM stands for the approach to risk-oriented inspection and maintenance of plants and their components developed by TÜV SÜD. Its objectives include drawing up detailed, customised maintenance and inspection plans and increasing the flexibility of inspection intervals.
Assessment is based on the identified risk, i.e. the probability and consequences of failure or malfunction. With this approach critical components requiring special maintenance measures can be differentiated from non-critical components needing significantly lower maintenance. We thus contribute to reducing operating and maintenance costs, optimising plant availability and proactively controlling risks.
TÜV SÜD offers:
- Development of optimised inspection and maintenance concepts
- Assessment of operational events, com ponent reliability, spare parts, resources, personnel, etc.
- Determination of specific measures considering economical and regulative criteria
- Support regarding all questions for the introduction of a RBI inspection and maintenance system
- Industry specific and customised solutions and software applications
- Services around the entire scope of maintenance and inspection tasks