Ensuring the best quality right from the start
When buildings, structures and technical facilities are planned, built and operated, a host of factors must be taken into consideration. In addition to the overall concept and design, selection of the right material and the right methods of processing them are critical to ensure a high level of operational safety and availability of the facility. This is because material, depending on their place of use and the prevailing operating conditions, may be subject to mechanical, thermal, tribological, corrosive chemical and other influences which can result in component failure.
As a manufacturer of material and semi-finished products, you are liable for ensuring that your products fulfill the defined requirements over the long term. Our experts can support you in meeting these challenges.
TÜV SÜD services:
- Auditing and certification of manufacturers of material and semi-finished products in accordance with:
- AD-2000-W0, TRD 100, KTA 3201.1, KTA 3211.1 and PED 97/23/EC [(Annex. I, Section 4.3) (incl. manufacturing and processing procedures)]
- CPD 89/106/EEC as notified inspection and certification body (e.g. EN 10 025)
- EN ISO 9001:2008
- DVGW as approved test and inspection body (initial certification and surveillance only)
- Issue of particular material appraisals (PMA) as per PED 97/23/EC (Annex I, Section 4.2) and preparationand verification of restamping approvals
- Carrying out approval of material with or without individual expertises
- Preparation or review of material specifications
- Material analysis
- Damage analyses and assessments
- Metallographic examinations
- Non-destructive and destructive testing of material
TÜV SÜD is a notified inspection body, certification body and testing laboratory for metal construction products falling under the scope of the construction products directive (CE mark). Our laboratories have been accredited as per the EN ISO 17025 and our inspection bodies as per the EN ISO 17020 standard.