New Only Representative (OR)
TÜV SÜD Industrie Service acts as reliable and impartial OR to numerous manufacturers of substances established outside the Community. The obligations of an OR outlined in Art. 8 of the REACH regulation comprise not only registration but also all obligations for importers under REACH.
- Would you like to change your OR?
- Has your previous OR failed to act to your satisfaction or fulfil its obligations?
- Would you like to have your registration dossier reviewed?
Further obligations of an OR include but are not limited to
- Listing importers and quantities imported without disclosing any information of confidential nature.
- Answering questions from the competent authority.
- Providing safety data sheets.
- Updating registration if necessary.
Under Article 7 of REACH, importers of articles containing substances of very high concern (SVHC) need to notify the ECHA of certain information. This requirement applies from June 2011 onwards, or on registration at the latest, and in cases where the SVHC is present in these articles in quantities totalling > 1 t/a and above a concentration of 0.1 %. Manufacturers established outside the EU need an OR to fulfil the obligations under Art. 7 (2, 4) REACH, unless notification to the ECHA is carried out by the importers.
Calling in an OR has the following advantages: importers need not become active themselves, and manufacturers established outside the EU can bundle notifications and do not have to address each importer individually.