Calculate the costs of a Letter of Access according to the regulation
Companies registering a substance under the REACH regulation can reference the registration of the lead registrant. To do so, they buy a Letter of Access (LoA).
According to REACH Art. 11 (2), the fees charged for the Letter of Access are graduated by tonnage band and type of registration (full registration or intermediate-product registration). TÜV SÜD has appropriate models for determining the respective fees.
What lead registrants need to consider
Lead registrants should determine in good time all costs incurred for registration, and document them in a traceable manner. In this context, they need to consider which costs cannot be recovered via the sale of the Letter of Access. The sale of a Letter of Access should be standardised and in compliance with the legal regulations. Co-registrants often come forward at a late stage, making it necessary to reimburse earlier buyers.
Financial Management for Letters of Access according to REACH – our services:
- Documentation of the costs incurred by the lead registrant
- Determination of the costs of the Letter of Access
- Definition of the provisions of the Letter of Access and SIEF Agreements
- Communication with co-registrants
- Sale of the Letter of Access to co-registrants
- Communication of the deliverables to the co-registrants
- Cash-flow management
- Reimbursement of co-registrants, where applicable