Securing market access. Improving competitiveness
Renewable raw materials are a growth market. The potential of these renewables lies in their contribution to mitigating climate change and creating security of supply. Directive 2009/28/EC, concerning the pro motion of the use of energy from renewable sources, defined a framework for the EU Member States which established binding sustainability standards for the production of biomass and its conversion into bio energy. These criteria include:
- Biofuel crop must be cultivated and managed in a sustainable manner
- Protection of high conservation value areas
- Establishment of an effective chain of custody (CoC)
- Ensuring a minimum GHG saving threshold of 35 % (50 % from 2017 onwards) compared to fossil energy carriers
Your access to the European market
Sustainability certification by TÜV SÜD confirms that you comply with all legal requirements. As no two companies are the same and as situations in companies may also differ, we offer an array of certification products. Simply choose the product that best fits your needs.
- Basic package: We will check whether your company fulfils the minimum legal requirements. You obtain certainty that you comply with all legal requirements and create ideal conditions for your market entry.
- Full GHG package: On top of the basic certification services, this package includes the cerification of individual greenhouse gas balances. Verification is advantageous if you operate in markets that prioritise products certified as climate-friendly.
- Combined packages: Our certification can build on certain systems and standards already implemented in your company, saving you time and money. We will be pleased to prepare an additional carbon or water footprint, or audit additional social standards within the scope of our sustainability certification