On the Road to Independence
Modern life is a life on the move – and for most of us, a driver’s license is an absolute necessity.
Whether for work or leisure – for most people, a driving license is indispensable. For people with a disability, it represents a boost in terms of mobility, while for professional drivers it is a passport to a secure job. TÜV SÜD tells you how you can get your driving license (back) and actively assists you in doing this. From online training for the written exam through to the medical/psychological examination (MPE). Here, you can find information not only about the car driver's license (class B), but also licenses for buses, taxis and trucks as well as additional interesting information and offers.
Driver's license from 19 January 2013 onwards – what differences?
- 15-year time limit on newly issued driver's license documents. This only applies to the document itself. The driver's license itself remains valid without a time limit. When the deadline expires, all that is required is for a new driver's license to be issued.
- The time limits on driver's license classes is unaffectedby this:
- Without time limit: B, BE (passenger car), AM, A1, A2, A (two wheels), L, T (agricultural and forestry vehicles)
- With time limit of 5 years at a time, with extension following medical examinations: C, CE, (truck), D1, D1E, D, DE (bus) and after the 45th year of life for C1, C1E (small truck)
- Reallocation of two-wheel classes: AM replaces the former classes M and S, A2 replaces the former class A limited; A1 remains unchanged
- Access to two-wheel classes: advancing to a higher class is now only possible after passing a driving test from classes A1 (which must have been held for at least two years) to A2 and from A2 (which must have been held for at least two years) to A
- Trikes (three-wheel motor vehicles) are now allocated to the classes AM, A1 or A depending on their power
- Reallocation of the permitted weights for vehicle and trailer (simplification)
- NEW Minimum age class A: 24 years (instead of 25 years as before)
- NEW Minimum age classes C, CE (truck): between 18 and 21 years with differentiation (instead of 18 years as before)
- NEW Minimum age for classes D1, D1E, D, DE (bus):between 18 and 24 years with differentiation