Within the scope of its REACH SME initiative, TÜV SÜD advises small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on the implementation of the European chemicals regulation. SMEs can apply to the German Office of Economics and Export (BAFA) to obtain a grant for these types of consulting services. TÜV SÜD has revised its website, now offering even better information and support to SMEs.
Implementation of the European chemicals regulation is a complicated process involving various pitfalls. Failure to meet the requirements and deadlines can have adverse effects on business or even jeopardise a company's continued existence. “In view of this, implementation requires in-depth professional advice, which is a time-consuming process”, says Rupert Scherer, certified “REACH-Multiplikator” (“REACH Champion”) at TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH. However, instead of foregoing consulting services for cost reasons, SMEs can apply for a BAFA grant. This funding for consulting services has recently been extended to 2020.
TÜV SÜD is recognised by BAFA as a REACH consultant. The experts
- discuss the specific problems with the entrepreneur and get an initial overall impression of the company's situation;
- examine the company’s status and take a critical look at operations or sub-operations;
- analyse the actual situation in the company within the scope of their consulting assignment;
- identify weaknesses and analyse their root causes;
- develop recommended actions and instructions on how to implement them in practice.
Further information about the services provided by TÜV SÜD is available at www.tuv-sud.com/activity/testing/reach.
Press-contact: Dr Thomas Oberst