TÜV SÜD starts its anniversary year with a major acquisition
- New records in 2015: Revenue of EUR 2.2 billion and earnings of EUR 190 million (adjusted EBIT)
- Global player: TÜV SÜD now employs more people abroad than in Germany
- Major investment: The purchase of 100 % of the shares in Spanish ATISAE marks the largest acquisition in TÜV SÜD's history
- Digital expertise: Center of Excellence Digital Service inaugurated in Singapore
- Passionate about safety since 1866: TÜV SÜD celebrates its 150th anniversary
TÜV SÜD continued its growth course in 2015, setting new records for revenue, earnings and headcount. The globally operating technical services group increased its revenue by around 8 per cent last year to EUR 2.2bn (2014: EUR 2.1bn). Earnings before interest and taxes (adjusted EBIT) rose to approx. EUR 190m (2014: approx. EUR 187m), while earnings after taxes (EAT) increased by over 9 per cent to EUR 114m (2014: approx. EUR 104m). TÜV SÜD started into its anniversary year of 2016 – the 150th year of its history – by purchasing the Spanish ATISAE Group. This acquisition, the largest in the company's history to date, brings the number of employees up to 24,000.
Press Release for download [ DOC 410 kB ]
- Annual Report 2015
All photos are available at the online image library.
Press-contact: Matthias Andreesen Viegas