- TÜV SÜD
- Registration centre
TÜV SÜD or registration centre: which one do you need?
You naturally want to -- and indeed should -- keep your vehicle papers in order and up to date at all times. Which organisation do you head for: the TÜV SÜD Service Centre or the vehicle registration centre?
Head for TÜV SÜD first if
- your vehicle is temporarily out of operation and its main roadworthiness test and emissions inspection have expired
- your vehicle is permanently out of operation (over 18 months) - TÜV SÜD experts prepare an expert report in line with Article 21 of the German regulations authorising vehicles for road traffic use (StVZO), the "type approval for individual vehicles"
- technical modifications have been carried out on your vehicle - e.g. changes and retrofittings, tuning, etc.
- you wish to obtain a specific number plate for vintage vehicles (ending with H for historic) for your car or motorbike - TÜV SÜD experts prepare a vintage vehicle certificate
top of page
The registration centre is the place to go if you
- wish to register a new vehicle under your name
- have bought a used vehicle and wish to transfer it to your name
- wish to report that you've sold your car or motorbike
- wish to report that you've moved
- wish to take a vehicle temporarily off road or to reactivate such a vehicle
- need to finally take your car out of operation and cancel its registration
- need a seasonal number plate
- have lost your vehicle registration papers or title