About the conference
Liquefied gases are used in a wide range of applications in the whole industry. The increasing demand of these refrigerated liquefied gases causes also the use of adequate storage facilities. One type of storing liquefied gases is the use of cryogenic above ground storage tanks. For the safe operation of cryogenic flat bottom tanks a number of various technical and legal requirements need to be complied with during design, construction and operation of such buildings.
In October 2016 the first international conference Cryogenic above ground storage tanks took place in Munich, Germany. This event with its presentations, discussions and its exchange of experience showed the importance of this topics in an international environment. The next conference is planned for late 2017 or spring 2018.
Again the main conference topics will be current European standards, safety concepts, tank design criteria and inspection. Furthermore, certain aspects of the earthquake design for cryogenic tanks shall be part of the discussions.
The conference is intended for
- Chemical industry as well as energy provider companies
- Operators of plants with cryogenic tanks e.g. LNG storage tanks
- Manufacturers of cryogenic tanks e.g. LNG storage tanks
- Suppliers of components for cryogenic tanks
- Associations, responsible for environmental protection and air polution control.
- Technical experts and engineering service Providers
The conference language will be English.