Environmental protection and operational safety in tank storage facilities continue to be the main challenges for operators, planners and inspection authorities in Europe and worldwide.
The TÜV SÜD Conference on Flat Bottom Tanks, celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, will be in the proven way a worldwide platform for discussions on the industry’s changing regulations. The main focus of this international conference is to identify potential areas for improvement and to update on new guidelines and standards for the operation and design of above ground storage tanks.
This year’s speakers will explore the full range of current challenges from the viewpoint of the industry, of regulators and associations. Participants can see new products firsthand during the accompanying industrial exhibition.
Emergency control in tank farms
- Concepts of effective firefighting in the storage tank farm
- Extinguishing systems, infrastructure, plant's fire brigades
- Training with simulation programs: Is it possible to substitute fire training exercises by simulation?
Directives of Best Available Techniques (BAT) in Europe
- Implementation of directives of BAT in Europe
Seismic design of storage tanks
- Safety concepts to manage risks on piping connections
- Seismic design according to international standards such as EEMUA
Emission Reduction and Control – Standards, Activities and Experience Reports
- The new structure and the contents of the API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards (MPMS)
- Experience in Europe with the MPMS Standards to calculate emissions from floating roofs
- Operational experience with floating roofs made of FRP
Expert Day on Cryogenic above ground storage tanks
On October 17, 2016 an expert day on Cryogenic above ground storage tanks will take place, dealing with topics concerning the storage of cryogenic liquefied gases in flat bottom storage tanks. The following issues will be discussed:
- European standards for cryogenic tanks: Does the trend in the industry goes back towards BS 7777-??
- Reasonable approaches for safety concepts
- Innovative solutions for the foundation in permafrost
- Modern steels for cryogenic applications
- Seismic design for cryogenic tanks
- Calculation methods
- Inspection planning according to EEMUA 147
The conference language at the expert day is English. It is possible to register separately or in combination with the 10th International Conference on Flat Bottom Tanks.
The final conference program will be published by the end of May 2016.
- Chemical and mineral oil industry as well as energy provider companies
- Constructors of plants with flat bottom tanks
- Manufacturers of flat bottom tanks
- Specialized companies and suppliers for flat bottom tanks
- Government agencies and associations responsible for environmental protection, prevention of water pollution and building legislation
Peter Szalata, TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH, Munich, Germany