About the Symposium
After two successful conferences in 2013 and 2015 the third International Symposium Emergency Power Systems at Nuclear Power Plants will be organized in May 3 -4, 2017 in Munich, Germany.
This event addresses the objectives of designers, manufacturers, utilities, regulators, vendors and academic organizations. An international conference for users of emergency power systems with its presentations, discussions and its Exchange of experience emphasizes the importance of reliable power supplies in case of loss of other power sources in nuclear power plants.
The objective of the Symposium is to
- support the continous improvement process for emergency power systems
- increase familiarity with international regualtion and Standards
- pinpoint and discuss new challenges
We are soliciting submissions in the following key areas:
International regulation and standards
- Country specific guidelines and requirements such as IEEE, KTA, GOST, YVLs, RCCM or ENSI
- Certification and qualification procedures
- Licensing and supervision
Maintenance and quality control
- Maintenance strategies
- Risk based inspection
- Obsolescence management
- Life extension and aging issues
NPP-specific operational malfunctions
Seismic safety & reliability
- Special demands or loads / Seismic evaluation
- Seismic qualification
Application of digital equipment
- Digital engine controller
- Proof of suitability
- Analog vs. digital
Typical problems and lessons learnt
Call for papers
The international program committee invites organizations and authors working in the field of Emergency Power Systems to present their recent results.
If you are interested in presenting a paper on the main topics listed above, please submit an abstract to TÜV SÜD Akademie GmbH, Ute Alius (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please click here [ PDF 22 kB ]to download the Guidelines for submitting proposals.
Submission of abstracts: October 25, 2016
Notification of authors: late November 2016
The final symposium schedule will be made public in December 2016.
- AREVA GmbH (DE), Manfred Schwemmlein
- Caterpillar Motoren GmbH & Co. KG (DE), Gert Hoffmeister
- MAN Diesel & Turbo France SAS (FR), Jean Luc Bertholom
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (JP)
- MTU Friedrichshafen GmbH (DE), Andreas Görtz
- Wärtsilä Finland Oy (FI), Bjarne Forsbacka/ Juha Kerttula/ Sari Kojo
- Westinghouse Electric Germany GmbH (DE), Tanja Schuler
Anton Kollmer, TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH (DE)
Conference language will be English.